Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Luis Scola takes over 4QTR.




Scola made Argentina's last five field goals, didn't miss a shot in the fourth quarter and scored 37 points on 14-for-20 shooting Tuesday night. He also had two assists and a key late steal in one of the more dominating performances I've ever witnessed by a single player in an international basketball game. (Sadly, I only watched Oscar Schmidt of Brazil play in person in 1996, at the tail end of his career).

"It was an amazing basketball game. I wish I was neither Argentinian nor Brazilian so I could have watched the game and enjoyed it from that perspective," said Scola, the leading scorer by far in this tournament with an average of 30.4 points per game.

Article courtesy of espn.com by Chris Sheridan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kobe

Kobe